Monday, June 30, 2008

Who knew vampires could be so irresistable?


I've done it, I've crossed over, I am now among the adoring, crazy Twilight fans. I LOVED it!! I am so upset that I don't have the next one in the series! I have all three on hold at the library and I actually checked out the third one (like that helps) and I just borrowed the first one from a friend from work. I am sooo close to going out to wal-mart and buying the second book.

I read the entire book in about 5 or 6 hours (it's over 400 pages long), but it didn't even seem like that long. It seemed like I just blinked and I was halfway through the book. Here is how it went down: I worked the night shift Saturday night, a 12 hour shift. I spent most of it doing homework (oh yeah, and some actual work, you know the stuff they really pay me to do :), and I started Twilight around 6:30 am which is 1 hour before I go home.
-After getting home I got into bed at 8:00 am to take a nap before church, thinking I would read until I fell asleep. I read for 2 1/2 more hours until it was time to go to church.
-I got home from church at 3:00 pm, read until 4:30, slept for an hour, then went to my parents' house for dinner.
-I got home around 8:30ish and read from 9-10PM to finish the book!

The downside of all of this is that I ended up staying awake for more than 30 hours! Unfortunately, lack of sleep is a trigger for my migraines so I woke up this morning with a severe migraine and uncontrollable vomiting. I'm still debating if it was worth it. I'm thinking....yes (now that I am feeling better, of course).

2 comments:

Phambabe said...

Oh no, just what I need, a new series to get hooked on!! I am a reading fiend, I can't sleep at night unless I read until my eyes are heavy. Lately my insomnia is kicking over again so I stay up pretty late reading. I will have to add this to the pile!

Phambabe said...

Oh yeah, Mom said today that you guys found a bunch of old pictures. (I am so glad too, I really was hoping she could bring some with her to Ohio next week so I can scan them in) I can't wait to see what you guys found!