Tuesday, June 3, 2008

As a side note...


I know I am a blogging-dork for posting twice in one day, but I wanted to say that I started my "couch to 5k" running program today! It is a program my cousin recommended to me and it is a beginner program listed on coolrunning.com. In the past year she has started doing triathlons and running, so I asked her for some suggestions for a newbie. I always thought that running would be boring, but I want to do it because I think that it is an exercise that I could stick with. I can do it on my own time schedule, pretty much anywhere I want. My main problem is that I don't feel safe running anywhere around town by myself, so that leaves the UF gym which serves mainly as a dating scene for the uber-fit. All of the girls actually wear make-up there, with perfect hair and clothes and everyone is constantly checking everyone else out! Yeah, I don't really fit in there, but I am learning to just cop an attitude and act like I am the only person in the room.

So, today I started the program and I should be running a 5k within two months. We'll see how it goes! My feet and legs already hurt. Dance Dance Revolution didn't quite prepare me for this...

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Thanks for telling me about the site. Jon is interested in running a marathon as well.