Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Mole


I admit, I love watching The Mole. It is a reality show on ABC where a group of people are given missions to earn money, all the while trying to figure out who among them is a "mole" sent to sabatouge their money-earning efforts. One of the main things I love about it is all of the behavior analyzing I get to do. I have suspected since the very first episode that Paul from Brooklyn is the mole (see picture above for his moley mugshot:) My first clue was that during his interview about their first mission which involved bungie-jumping off a waterfall, his first comment was about how he was worried about how safe it was and that he was going to die. Okay, tough, young, new yorker guys DO NOT think about death or dying. They think about thrills and fun and basically think of themselves as invincible. He also acts WAY over the top when pointing fingers at everybody else, trying to convince others that he is just sooo into the game. Then, when everyone is trying to make money, he all of the sudden gets tired and uncharacteristically compassionate towards his teammates who aren't doing well when the night before he was berating them for being "wusses". I think he is trying to make it seem like he can't hide his emotions by having extreme fake displays of them. Hmmm... We'll see if I am right later on in the season.

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

I was so into The Mole back in the day, but then they ruined it with Celebrity Mole and then it went away alltogether. I didn't even realize there was a new season! Now I am so far behind!