Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Job!!

I found out last Thursday that I got a PRN position at a local behavioral healthcare facility as an addictions counselor!! I am really excited about it, although I am also really nervous and intimidated. The program I will be working in is an Intensive Outpatient program for women with mood disorders and substance abuse problems, so it is going to be pretty intense. I'll only be working around 12 hours a week during the fall, but that's okay because since I will already be a paid employee, my practicum there in January will be paid. That is really awesome, because it is really hard to get paid internships, much less practica!!

Since Anthony will only be working part-time starting in the fall, we can't really afford for me to quit my job at Shands, so this chica is going to have a full plate starting in two weeks. I am going to work full time at my new job during the semester break, while still doing 20 hours a week at Shands on the weekend. (Yes, that means 120 hours of work in two weeks). Then once school starts, I will be taking 15 hours of graduate classes while working around 28-32 hours combined both jobs. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of sleep deprivation and a lot of caffeine!

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

Congratulations! Ack! That is a lot of hours to cram in there, be sure to schedule some sleep too hehe.