Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Day in the Life

Tomorrow I am going to try something that my sister turned me on to: A Day in the Life Photography. I'm going to try to photo-journal my entire day. I have never done something like this before, but I think that it is going to be fun! Of course, Wednesdays are one of my busiest days and tomorrow especially because I am doing my 2 1/2 hour long presentation in class, but what better day to do it, right? If you want to check it out, here is the website: http://community.livejournal.com/ditl/

I have been alternately excited, nervous, and worried about Anthony starting school in August. I started calculating how much tuition is going to be with both of us doing full-time grad school and only working part-time and I seriously almost started hyperventilating. I have to keep reminding myself over and over again, that student loans are not the devil and we are taking out a relatively small amount compared to some people. Just for fun: tuition is $300 a credit hour, my program is a total of 60 credit hours, Ant's is 46. So.... $300 x 106 = A heart attack. Our plan is to pay one half of tuition ourselves, take out loans for the other half, and have our jobs pay our living expenses. We'll see how that plan works out :)

One thing that I am excited about is the idea of leaving Gainesville. I know I have lived here all of my life, but I am definitely ready to move on. We have it worked out so that Ant can do two semesters of school while we are still in Gainesville, traveling to Tampa once a week for classes. Then, next summer I can do my final internship (!!) in Tampa which will hopefully lead to a full time job for the next year or so while Anthony finishes up. Another cool thing, which is yet another reason I love that Anthony is a nurse, is that when we move Anthony can get a part-time travel nursing job in Tampa and the company will not only pay a NICE salary, but they also cover living expenses and will pay for our apartment and utilities!

As a side note, when Anthony and I were talking about when we would move to Tampa the first thing out of his mouth was: "You know, I've always wanted to know what the fishing is like down there. I've heard that it is awesome..."

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

Yay! I am giving it another try this week again. Last week I got about 3 hours into the day and then totally spaced out and forgot to take ANY pictures. Tomorrow should be interesting since we are picking Mom up at the airport and going to a mall in Pittsburgh. Maybe I can actually remember to take pictures this time!

I think the best time to move and travel is when you're young and not tied down to kids, etc. Mom is probably SO THRILLED to hear that you are moving hehe. Good luck with your DITL!