Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goals for 2011

Last week someone asked me what my new year's resolutions were and I honestly couldn't think of any. Not that I don't think that they are a good idea, I guess it just hadn't occurred to me to set any for myself since I know that my world is going to be turned upside down in a few months! But, the more I thought about it the more I realized that I had things in the back of my mind that I kept thinking, "I should start doing that" or "That is a good idea" and I decided I could take at least a couple of them and officially turn them into my goals for 2011. So, in no particular order,

1) Read the newspaper every Sunday. I get the newspaper delivered every Sunday for the coupons and I always just pull the coupons out and toss the rest. Whenever someone asks me if I've heard about this issue or read about that current event, I always feel so uninformed when I have to say "Huh?". Since I don't watch the news, I figured that the least I could do is read the newspaper once a week before I toss it and be informed about current events beyond the headlines on yahoo mail :)
2) Stick to a cleaning schedule. I've started to really focus my efforts on cleaning a little bit each day and so far I've been very consistent. (Yay!) It may just be me nesting, but I am hoping that I will at least establish a habit that I can try to keep up this year.
3) Lose my baby weight. I feel a little weird talking about losing weight while I am still gaining it and my baby is still in there (I promise I want you to grow!!!) but I know that after he comes into the world that I definitely want to get back to lifting weights, trying out different workouts, and especially being able to fit into my pre-baby clothes!

That is it. A short, manageable list, especially for someone like me who loves to think of a million different things to do to improve. (Coming up with ideas, awesome! Following through, not so much). Hopefully at this time next year I will look back on these goals and think about what a breeze they were to stick to!

2 comments:

Happy said...

Somehow I missed these last two posts! I think someone on my blog list posted right after you, so that put them on the top of my list and so I didn't realize you had posted too. Anyways, good goals! I always forget to set goals but this year I remembered in time and decided that I would set one goal that I currently feel really motivated about. I think I'll be able to stick with this one! Good luck with yours! The cleaning schedule sounds like it's already going great!

Julia said...

Don't stress out too much about the baby weight. Except for pushing the stroller around the neighborhood, I haven't really exercised or dieted and I have already lost all of the baby weight.