Friday, May 6, 2011

Anthony's First Geocache

Yesterday for our evening walk, I decided to take Anthony to find his first geocache! This one was listed as being pretty tricky, so I hadn't attempted it by myself. Luckily, Anthony was able to download a geocache app on his phone that listed all of the information from the geocache website and turned your phone into a compass that pointed the way to go. Cool!

Anthony loves how we look whenever James and I get ready for a walk. He thinks it is so funny!
We've learned to tuck a burp cloth in the wrap because this kid loves to spew!
The GPS kept leading us right to this barricade. We knew that the cache was listed as really cleverly hidden and camouflaged, so Anthony suggested looking behind the reflectors. I started to look around and noticed that this reflector looked a little different from the rest....
 It's a magnet!!
 If you look closely you can see that there is a slit on the back with a place for the log for you to sign. I was so proud that I got to sign this one!

I know you can tell that I am loving geocaching since the last few posts were about it, but I can't get over how much fun it is! Especially when you make a find like that one, you feel so accomplished! We see so many interesting things that we never would have seen before when we go on our adventures. Yesterday we got to see the cutest basset hound puppy taking a walk close to where we found the cache. Plus I am getting tons of exercise!

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

This is so awesome! I gotta see if there are any apps like that for my iPhone because I would definitely get back into it with the kids if we had a reliable GPS. There's a surprisingly large amount of caches in our area, and a lot along the bike trail that's behind the house. I bet Savino would be totally into that too.