Monday, April 20, 2015

Beginning of April

Anthony and the boys have really enjoyed going out to the garden every day and picking the ripe strawberries and blueberries. Anthony bought four more blueberry plants, so in a few years we should have even more to pick! James and Rett love picking and eating these so much, it is hard to get them to stop.

I almost never ask Anthony to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work, or to do any kind of errands really. He is not the greatest at attention to detail...so when he does do something for me there is a high probability that he will forget something or pick up the wrong thing. One afternoon I realized we needed milk for both of the boys (1% for James and whole milk for Rett) so I figured he could handle grabbing some on the way home from work. Anthony was so happy with himself for making a joke about it, that as soon as he put his phone away he completely forgot that I had asked him to do anything. He walked in the door about 10 minutes later, looked at me and said, "Oh! I forgot to stop at the store!"

We have been finding snake skins like crazy around our neighborhood. James found one in our backyard behind our shed, I found one in the grass at church while I was placing the Easter eggs, and we both spotted this one while James was riding his bike on the sidewalk. James has been keeping them all in his room and I sometimes find random pieces of snake skin on the floor around the house. Anthony's boys for sure!


We were playing in the backyard one afternoon and I got a few pictures of these cute kiddos. Rett loves our small slide and we can usually distract him from things he is not supposed to do by saying, "Rett! Go down the slide!" He will stop what he is doing and run over to the slide. He usually waits at the top for someone to count, "1,2,3, Go!".

James was playing soccer with this big bouncy ball. He was having so much fun kicking it and chasing it. I was glad that he at least had shorts and underwear on so I could get a picture. There are so many times during the day where he ends up naked and I have to ask him, "Where did your clothes go??"

1 comment:

Happy said...

Love the update! And the texts about Anthony and the milk and then forgetting it is soooo funny!!! I need to show it to Jared, he'll die laughing!!
Your boys are so stinking cute!! I can't wait to see them again!!