Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pregnancy Journal: Week 8

We've basically stopped grocery shopping around here. Instead we just go buy whatever I feel like eating every night. Since this means a lot more take-out Anthony is as happy as a clam! I just can't bear the thought of cooking, even though some things do sound good to eat. I don't really get it. It's like the idea of the cooking process makes me feel sick, but the smell of good food is no problem. Whatever. I am just trying to stay alive at this point as well as keep my will to survive :)

I am so sick of feeling sick! I have really started to feel like my body isn't mine anymore. I always have felt some control over what I eat and if I work out and now that is all gone. I basically eat whatever I can keep down, which changes day to day and I am either too tired or too sick to even think about working out. I get out of breath climbing the parking garage stairs to my car every day! I've had two migraines back to back this week and they really knocked me out. I have spent Thursday night all through Saturday in bed trying to recuperate. I tried to go to work Friday morning, but ended up turning around and coming home, up chucking in a plastic bag. Not fun.

Never, ever, have I ever pictured pregnancy as this. I always pictured cute bellies, and fun ultrasounds, and husbands waiting on me hand and foot... I never pictured the miserable parts. Still, I am eternally grateful that Anthony and I get this opportunity. We know a lot of people who don't, so I am not ungrateful. I am just adjusting. That's all :)

No comments: