Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pregnancy Journal: Week 7

This week has been pretty good. I still feel sick to my stomach a lot of the time, but I am finding more and more foods that sound good to me and that don't make my stomach unhappy. I was able to set up an appointment with an OB/GYN that was recommended to me by my old doctor from Gainesville, so that is exciting! They told me that the entire appointment will probably take around 3 to 3 1/2 hours, so I have to plan to take the entire afternoon off of work. The said that they will be doing an ultrasound, so that is exciting! The thing I am most looking foward to is hearing the heartbeat. Once I hear that and everything looks good, and I think a lot of my residual anxiety will be able to recede into the background. I guess because it took us so long to get pregnant (almost an entire year) that I have started to expect things not come easily for us.

The other exciting thing is that once we hear the heartbeat and everything looks good according to our doctor, then we will start telling our family that we are expecting! I will be 8 weeks by then and I don't think we will be able to wait much longer than that. We are soooo not secret keeping people, we are both so bad at it! I've actually started avoiding spending time with our friends and family recently because I am so horrible at hiding things that I can't think of a good way to explain me not feeling well, and I am afraid that I will somehow let it slip without thinking. I know that there are a lot of mixed opinions about when is the best time to tell. Some people tell everyone right away, and others wait until at least the 2nd trimester before they breathe a word to anyone. I think we are okay with being kind of in the middle of the two camps. One good thing about telling our families is that once we can talk about it with people other than each other I think it will start to feel more and more real to us. Now it is hard to imagine that I have anything more than a really extended flu :)

No comments: