Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pregnancy Journal: Week 6

Oh, the morning sickness is here to stay!!! I am pretty miserable. And tired. I keep telling myself that it is a good thing to feel all these symptoms, that it means that the baby is doing what it needs to, but I am still miserable. I just never have a moment when my stomach doesn't feel upset, and swing back and forth between some foods sounding really good and then all of a sudden sounding disgusting to me. Sometimes I change my mind about eating something as I am making it and end up giving it to Anthony. At least doing this I can work on getting him as fat as I can. (My goal is to have him gain as much weight as I do)

I also had my first migraine since I found out I was pregnant. I had been dreading this and hoping that I wouldn't get one until after I had a doctors appointment and could get some kind of medication that I can take. The prescription medication that I have now for migraines you can't take in pregnancy. This early on in a pregnancy, really the only medication I can have is tylenol. The last time I only took over the counter medication for my migraines I ended up heading to an urgent care clinic after 13 hours of misery. Sooo, I thought I was in for a horrendous night. Luckily, it really wasn't that bad! I had a total of two large doses of tylenol throughout the night and I was able to sleep pretty well. It ended up being more like a normal bad headache than anything else.

The next day I had off of work for the holiday and I literally spent the entire day in bed sleeping and recovering, which really wasn't that bad. I watched a serious amount of movies, including Juno. You know, the movie about the teenager that gets pregnant? I totally envied her how she didn't even realize she was pregnant until she was 12 weeks along. But then she was an unwed teenager, so I guess I can cut her some slack :)

Since I found out I was pregnant, I am pretty sure I haven't washed any dishes, cooked any meals, or done any laundry. With the way I have been feeling I don't think that that is going to change any time soon. BUT, I have gone to work everyday and done my job as well as always. Since my paycheck is the one that is paying the bills right now, I don't feel at all guilty about coming home everyday and camping out in bed. That is just the way it needs to be right now :)

I do however, have a funny pregnancy brain story already! About a week ago I made up some snacks to bring with me to work. These nacho flavored quaker rice cake things were doing pretty well for me, so I put together a bag of those. When I got home from work, I couldn't find them anywhere and I was bummed, thinking Anthony had finished them off. I opened the refridgerator, and there the bag was on the shelf! I didn't even get anything out of the fridge that morning, I must have just put it back in the fridge instead of the pantry for no good reason. Plus, I didn't even remember doing it! I grabbed the bag and asked Anthony if he saw where these was. He just laughed and said, "Yeah, I thought that was funny".

No comments: