Monday, January 10, 2022

Rett's 8th Birthday

Once again I stressed myself out like crazy planning an elaborate birthday party, this time for Rett! I decided on a carnival theme and used the party as an excuse to buy a popcorn maker, a cotton candy maker, AND a snow cone maker. I've always wanted all of those! I set up carnival games around the park and brought a bunch of our animals for our very own petting zoo. It was a hit!



I had a big bubble station with inflatable pools filled with the solution to make the people-sized bubbles. Also a few bubble machines going as well...

Two key pinatas (they take turns taking out a key to see which one will make the bottom fall out)

Bubble station:

Ready for kids!

Games set up in the field:

I bought the cake on clearance and put the words on it myself. You can tell.


Petting zoo area! We had the turkeys, baby chicks, tortoises, and one snake.

A balloon pop board that took DAYS to make out of balloons and James's nerf gun pegboard from his room.

Enjoying the baby chicks:

James loving on his turkeys:

Marshall the tortoise:

Time to sing happy birthday!

The pinatas were not so great. I forgot just how cut throat pinatas are and a bunch of kids were sad that they didn't get anything. Next time goody bags only! 

Present time!

In the evening after some serious rest and recover we went out to dinner with Alex and his finance Christy. We ate seafood on the dock of a local restaurant and then walked over to a long boardwalk to watch dolphins hunting fish. It was a fun day celebrating our special boy!


No comments: