Friday, January 7, 2022

Beginning of September

 I needed photos for Rett's baptism invitation, so I took him down the street from our house to an empty field and the railroad tracks for his own photo session. He was such a good sport! I love this handsome boy!


Bulletin board wars in my office:

A hen secretly hatched a chick and just showed up in the coop with a baby! This happens all the time now, they know exactly where to hide so we don't find them.

Beach day with friends:

Rett wanted to be buried so that he could "relax".

The ice cream truck drove by, so the kids picked out some popsicles. Rett declared his "epicly derpy".

Anthony jumped in the water and went body surfing with James and his friend.

James found a baby gecko in the house, so he caught it and let it back outside. So cute!

Rett is still taking violin this year at school with his music teacher on Tuesdays. I was walking by and got to sneak a peak at him in class. This year is very exciting because they finally get to use their bows!

We took a family trip to the temple before Rett's 8th birthday and walked around for awhile before going to the church bookstore to pick out some goodies.

I finally bought myself a robot vacuum cleaner! We named him Dobby and I love him. I thought it would motivate me to keep the house less cluttered (it doesn't) so he gets stuck a lot. Still, it is better than nothing! Right now I have him programmed to start vacuuming every day after we leave for school but I also run him on the weekends when I can.

Rocket launch from the backyard:

One morning I got a text from our neighbor that Baymax was outside our gate. I was in a hurry to get to school on time, so I didn't wait for the gate to close before pulling away from the driveway. I guess Baymax took that 30-second opportunity to race from the house out of the gate and then didn't know how to get back in! I quickly jumped in the car to run home and when I found him, he was on the side of the yard on the wrong side of the fence, happy as a clam.

Getting him to follow me to the house:

I left him inside the house so that we wouldn't have a repeat of the morning. Look at how muddy he was!!

James built an interesting structure with Rett's fort building kit. He wanted me to take a picture so that he could recreate it if he wanted to.

Rett "paying attention" in karate:

Look at that goofball!! He is so dirty all of the time, but he also wants to be petted and scratched and be in your lap. Those don't go together!

Another rogue hen hatched a baby that looks exactly like her! So many times they hatch the other hens' eggs so the mom looks nothing like the chicks, but these two are so cute. They are both naked neck chickens so they have the funny bald spot on their necks.

A friend of mine who does photography needed models to help her practice shooting in early morning/dawn light so I told her I would do it. She got some great pictures of me!

James visiting Mimi and Papa's RV with a snake friend:

My mom bought Rett an inflatable costume and he loves it! James had to give it a try too.

Our neighbors who own the pasture behind our house started letting a local bee company place hives in the pasture. There are so many of them now! This was just when they started, there is probably double the amount at this point. Anthony is really excited because he thinks we will get some good bee swarms in our traps this summer.

Aviation day at school! Rett was getting over being sick and still had a fever, so was home with Anthony. Thankfully, Anthony was able to drive him to the edge of the school's fence line so that he could glimpse the helicopters from a distance.

No comments: