Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nurse of the Year




This past Friday, Anthony, my parents, his parents, and I attended his awards ceremony for getting nurse of the year at Shands for his unit. It was really nice! They had chello players playing classical music in the background, the Vice-President of nursing conducted the ceremony, the Chief Nursing Officer for Shands gave a rah-rah nurses speach,and the the CEO of Shands was there too. It is really impressive when a company goes out of their way to support and reward their employees' efforts. It makes you want to work that much harder knowing that you are appreciated. Anthony got a gold nursing pin that he put on his badge and a gift certificate for the mall that he is trading with me for more money in his aquarium budget :)

As coincidence would have it, the awards ceremony is in the same building at UF where I have all of my classes. The building has three different colleges: the college of nursing, the college of pharmacy, and the college of public health and health professions (my college). Anthony's parents wanted to see where I had classes, so I showed them around a little bit. Here is me posing in the first floor of the building. Move over Vanna White!

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

Awww, you guys look so happy. And you are SO PRETTY! I snickered at Anthony's scrubs top, fish, of course! Congrats to him again, what a cool award!