Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lake Wauburg


After class today, Anthony and I went to a lake owned by UF that is just outside of Gainesville. Anthony has gone fishing there before (go figure), but I have never been there. They have a lot of fun activities like a climbing wall, sail boats, kayaks, canoes, swimming, beach volleyball, etc... There weren't many students there because of the summer time, so it was nice to be able to do whatever we wanted. A few of our friends were there having a barbeque as a going away party and it was fun to get to visit. Anthony and I went out on the lake on a two-person kayak. It was my first time kayaking ever! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would :) We saw five alligators, which Anthony had us chase until we got close and they went under water. In addition, Anthony insisted on going near any low hanging tree branches on the shoreline to check for snakes. The funny thing about all of this is how excited I was. I kept thinking, "yeah, this is just like crocodile hunter!". Since marrying Anthony, I really have built up a tolerance for reptiles, amphibians, and slimy things!


Anthony also went fishing Wednesday with some buddies from work and caught quite a few sharks and small trouts. One of his fishing buddies even hooked a shark that was so big and strong that it took the entire spool of fishing line off of his reel and got away! So, somewhere out in Cedar Key is a BIG shark with a lot of fishing line trailing behind him.

No comments: