Friday, February 16, 2018

James' 7th Birthday!

Our little guy turned 7!! Anthony decorated the house with streamers for him to wake up to.

James didn't want me to bring cupcakes to school (he isn't a fan), so we brought chocolate chip muffins instead. It was a hit! He also wanted everyone in his class to get a kinderjoy egg, then he decided he wanted to give everyone a penny as well. I thought that would be a lot for his teacher to keep track of and manage, so we went ahead and got little party bags to put them in. While at the party store, James saw the goody bag toys and had to pick some out for his classmates. I love how much he wanted to give to everyone else on his birthday. Such a sweet boy!

After school James was allowed to open his present from Rett before Anthony got home. Rett gave him a water activated tiny boat to play with in the bathtub.

After Anthony got home, he opened his presents from us. He got a smartwatch that he can call us on and we can call him on (although it isn't allowed in school so he really can only wear it on the weekends)

And a replacement for a chainsaw nerf gun that broke over Christmas. He was very happy to see it!

We went to Beef O Brady's for dinner since they have a back patio you can eat on that has games like life-sized Jenga and life-sized connect four to play. Right before we left they also lit the fire pit, so it was even more exciting!
Doing some whistle dancing:


After we came home from dinner, we sang to James and let him blow out his candle on a Publix sprinkle cookie, his absolute favorite dessert.

A few days later it was time for his Chuck-E-Cheese birthday party with his classmates. I sent invites to the entire class and 7 of them were able to come. James was so excited to be able to play the games with his friends.

Pizza time!

I got cupcakes this time even though James wanted more sprinkle cookies. I had to explain to him that at this kind of party, the cake is more for everybody else :)

Present time!

James got to go in the ticket blaster where they shoot the air all around and you try to catch as many tickets as you can. This year he got smart and stomped on them and grabbed them from the ground. Look at all those tickets!

This is what I posted on Facebook the day of his birthday and I just wanted to make sure that I remembered it: 7 years ago today James impatiently made his appearance 4 weeks before his due date. He came only 1 hour after pulling up to the hospital (was almost an ER delivery) and we've been trying to keep up with him ever since! Where would the world be without the invention of naked tile sliding?? And how would we recognize all the treasures around us just waiting to be picked up and pocketed? We sure do love our determined, fun loving, aggressively curious young man!!


1 comment:

Happy said...

Dang, 7 years already!?!?! Mind blowing!!!! I am so mad at myself, I asked Anthony A YEAR AGO when James' birthday is and put it in my phone calendar so that I could remember to call him every year with my family, and I didn't even see it pop up this year!!! What the heck?!?! I feel like the worst aunt, I swear next year I'll remember!!! Looks like a fun birthday! But don't ever let my kids see his watch phone, they would die from jealousy. Happy birthday to your cute boy!!