Friday, February 16, 2018

Beginning of February

Our Feburary has been a crazy month for me. I started doing some at home computer work for Anthony's work 25 hours a week AND finishing a 62 bow tie order for a peewee football team AND I started giving flute lessons to a girl from church AND planning a 45 minute training for stake primary auxiliary training and attending ward conferences in other wards AND planning the stake blue and gold banquet that I am in charge of at the end of the month AND all the usual crazy activities that we normally get up to. So knowing all that context, you can really appreciate the headaches I am giving myself doing all this stuff with the boys :) 

Our silkie went broody again so this time I decided to immediately order some fertile eggs for her to sit on and hatch. We have been wanting more chicks anyway, so I got a random mix of more rare breeds. It will be fun to try to figure out what we ended up with once they hatch! Since this is her first time as a momma, I didn't want to put all the eggs under her just in case she doesn't do things right. So I gave her 4 and put the other 10 in our incubator. It will be interesting to see which method has a better hatch rate. They take 21 days to hatch and I put them in on February 1st, so we should have chicks around the 21st of the month. The best part about having the silkie hatching the eggs, is that she will take care of them and keep them warm and everything so we won't have to worry about lights and temp and checking their bottoms. All we have to do is separate her from the other chickens and she will do all of that, even for the ones that hatch in the incubator. So much easier for us!

The food we chose to feed Baymax is this high quality brand that is specially formulated for large breed puppies. We originally ordered it online, but then it went out of stock and the only place near us that sells it is a health food store (which tells you how crazy expensive it is! I don't know if we are going to stick with this food). The health food store had a hydroponics set up for selling their herbs. How cool is that!

James' school had a walkathon to raise money for building a school gym (that will also be a hurricane shelter so it is extra expensive to build). I stayed to help with the kindergarten/first grade time slot. They had little obstacles to do around the field and if they went around 8 times or more they got a special mile charm for their necklace. James ran around with his friends and I ran around with Rett trying to catch up to him :)

One of the other moms got a picture of me doing the army crawl station with Rett:

The theme at the preschool story time this particular week was cowboys and they had these adorable foam noodle horses for them to pretend to ride.

This is the face he made when I asked him to smile. Stinker!

For their craft, they made sheriff hats. This was Rett's "sheriff" face

Everyone in the area was really excited for the launch of SpaceX's falcon heavy. It launched twice as much weight than any other rocket has ever launched and it was the first step in being able to launch enough equipment to send people to Mars. I was so excited to tell James all about it, but of course they talked about it in school that day so he already knew! He said, "Yeah mom! And there is a red convertible in the cargo bay!" The owner of SpaceX thought it would be fun to launch a Tesla with a mannequin dressed up in a spacesuit in the driver's seat. So now this is on it's way to Mars:

The countdown for the launch started right after school let out, so we didn't drive anywhere we just stayed on the playground at the school so we wouldn't miss it. It was so cool to see it go up and then to hear it.

Rett had his first basketball game! It went about as expected... A lot of running around, not paying attention and not even knowing where the ball was. But I think he had fun, so that is good :) They were down one player, so the coach asked James to play. Right after he asked him, James turned to me with this big smile and said, "I've been hoping he would ask me to play!!"



Rett got the ball finally!

I ordered a large dog bed from china right after we brought Baymax home. It finally arrived and when I took it out it was a bit..small. I think we need to have a discussion with China about what "large" means.

I was craving some honey rolls, so we went to Texas Roadhouse. I think our waitress had to end up bringing us four baskets of rolls. We couldn't stop eating them. So good!

Rett wanted to play hide and go seek, so he hid and then asked me to come find him. I had zero clues as to where he was...

James remembered that he really likes fish, so he ate fish for dinner three nights in a row!! Yay for getting healthy food into this kid!

We are going to do a color run 5k with the boys in April, so I started taking Rett to "practice running". He is loving it! He especially loves it when he is faster than me. While walking/running we spotted this little tree gnome hanging out on a tree stump. After seeing that, Rett had to tell everyone we passed on the sidewalk about "the man in the tree". They all smiled politely at him and had no idea what he was talking about :)

While I was in Deland for auxiliary training, Anthony had the boys at Rett's basketball game. While I was walking into the building, I saw this text from Anthony. I had to stop walking I was laughing so hard!! I love it when stuff like this happens to Anthony when he is taking care of the kids. Revenge!



1 comment:

Happy said...

I don't understand. How, how in the world can you do all of that on top of being a mom, taking care of your animals, keeping up with laundry, your house, dinner, etc.??? And you read?? I seriously can barely keep up with the basics of life, forget adding in anything else (except reading, I find a way for that)!!! Wow. What are you doing for Anthony's work? That's cool about the launch, I love telling people out here about seeing rocket and shuttle launches my whole life, they always think that's so amazing. I hear ya about being so glad when husbands get to experience a tiny bit of the misery we get to go through on a daily basis with kids!!! Haha! So cute about Rett and basketball! I remember signing Dallin up for it when he was barely 5 and he couldn't dribble or even shoot the ball all the way up to the basket, so crazy how far he's come!