Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Everett's Baby Blessing

This past Sunday we had Everett's baby blessing! We did it at home, like we did with James, and it was really special. My mom, my brother Daniel, and Anthony's parents were able to come over for it. We wanted to Skype with other family members, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out :( James was really reverent and quiet during the blessing which was a big surprise, but definitely appreciated. For the most of it he sat next to me on the couch. Right before Anthony started, James folded his arms and looked up at me and whispered, "we say a prayer now?". During the prayer I had to struggle not to start crying because I knew if I did I would have a hard time stopping! I am always amazed by the power of the priesthood. I am so grateful that we are able to have it in our home.

Anthony, his dad, our bishop, and one of his counselors:
 Our new little family!

A sweet sister in our ward gave us this baby blessing outfit and blanket that she had made for us. It is so beautiful! It is definitely something we will keep as an heirloom.
Later that day, Anthony's mom realized that it was his grandfather's birthday, which was so neat since Everett's middle name (Robert) is after him! 

1 comment:

Happy said...

Sounds like such a special day! I love his blessing outfit! And for some reason I didn't know his middle name was after Gramps!