Friday, October 18, 2013

Everett is 1 Month old!

Our little guy is 1 month old today!! I can't believe it has been an entire month! Where did the time go? He is still such an easy going, laid back baby. I think it is interesting that when I was pregnant with James, while he was still inside he was always kicking and moving and being active and his personality as a baby and toddler has been just the same: never still! Then when I was pregnant with Rett, I didn't feel him kick for the first time until much later in my pregnancy compared to James (they say you normally feel it earlier with a second baby) and even though I would feel him move, it was a much quieter, slower feeling. Sometimes I would forget he was in there! Now as a baby his personality is exactly the same. Quiet, easy going, not in a rush. Nursing is the same story. James was never full, always ready for more and would cry loudly if he didn't get food fast enough. He is still on the impatient side :) Many times I have to encourage Rett to finish nursing instead of falling asleep, and when he does nurse, often times it is a lazy affair. It is so fun to see their different personalities develop!

I've made these monthly onesies a few times now for friends for their baby shower gifts, so I had to make some for myself! Now I can get monthly pictures without having to worry about forgetting how old he is in each one :)

So far he has blue eyes and reddish brown curly hair. I am so hoping his hair stays curly!! A lot of people have said that Rett reminds them more of Anthony than James did, and I have to agree.
 I love this serious expression that he gets where he narrows his eyebrows. It makes him look so quizzical!




 Of course, I had to get a picture of the toes. He has the longest toes!! They are long and narrow and take up almost a third of his feet! It is hard to tell in the picture, but in person it is really noticable :)
We are really loving life as a family of four. It already feels like Rett has always been a part of our family. We are so excited to watch him grow and develop!

No comments: