Friday, September 30, 2011

What we've been up to

Someone asked me the other day what we've been up to and I had to really think about it to give them an answer. The days just blur into each other you know? I mean, can anyone tell me what happened to September because I can't believe it is over already! Fall is my favorite time of year and I can't wait for it to get a little cooler so that I can spend more time outside without sweating to death. So here is an update of what we've been up to lately.

Last week Anthony and I got to go to the temple for the first time since James was born! It was wonderful. As I was preparing our things in the morning, I realized that I hadn't worn my temple dress for over a year...I tried it on and BOY, that thing did not fit anymore. Sad face. So we got to the temple a little early so I could buy a new one. Luckily I only had to go up one size and I got one with a little more room to grow this time :) My mom drove all the way from Trenton to be our babysitter and she sat with James in the lobby while we were in there. He was so good, I was so proud of him! It was a special visit since we got to do the sealing of Anthony's grandparents and Anthony's mom got to be sealed to them afterwards. It was a precious thing to be a part of. So now that I know it can be done, we are going to try harder to get to the temple with a baby in tow.

Last weekend my brothers and my mom came to visit and we had a blast! On Saturday my Mom and I went to the Relief Society broadcast and got shushed in the chapel since we were talking so much. It reminded me of old times (we like to make fun of the choir's hairdos). Sunday night Ant's parents and niece and nephew came over for his birthday dinner and it was a full house! We had 7 adults, 3 kids, 5 dogs (ours, plus my moms, plus one we are dog sitting), and 1 cat in our house! It was a mad house! Anthony got two cakes as requested and since I am on a diet he is happy as can be to have the leftovers all to himself. His present this year is getting his boat motor fixed so that he can take the boat out fishing. Of course, he wants to take James with him to get him fishing early!

This week has been really low key, just doing my usual cooking, cleaning, making baby food, feeding the baby, going to baby classes at the library, and trying to keep up with all my shows that just started :) James will be 8 months old tomorrow so stay tuned for his 8 months pictures and update!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been a year since I went to the temple. And I have no clue when was the last time my hubby and I went together. :(

September just flew by. It's not fair.