Friday, December 17, 2010

5 Years Ago Today

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary!! I can't believe that we have been married for 5 years already, it feels like yesterday. As I look back on that day, I am amazed at how happy I was without understanding how much it would only get better. Truly, each year I feel more and more in love with my wonderful husband and it makes me excited to think about what our life and relationship will be like when we have been married for 50 years!

Some of the things I love about my husband:
  • He still gets excited to see me whenever we have been apart (like when I come home after being at work all day). After so much time together, we still prefer each other's company to anyone else's. When we are at home, Anthony will try to take whatever project he is working on into whatever room I am in so that we can be together. No living on separate sides of the house for us!

  • He tells me how cute I am, how beautiful I am, how smart I am, etc.... almost every day! Every time he says it, it is so sincere, like he is still amazed that he gets to be with me and it makes me feel treasured.

  • I have never heard him talk about, comment on, or even look at other women. Even celebrities! (Unless he is agreeing with me on something. And even then, I don't think he is really looking. I'm pretty sure he is just humoring me :)

So Happy Anniversary to us! I am happy that we had such a wonderful 5 years of just us in our little family and really excited to add to our family before our next anniversary. With both of us finally out of school, Anthony getting ready to start his new career, and both of us getting ready to be parents I really feel like we are moving into a new and exciting phase of our lives. We are so blessed!!

No comments: