Thursday, November 30, 2017

Beginning of November

We took a walk on the beach the evening after the annual sand sculpture contest. Some of the sculptures were a bit washed away, but it was still cool to see.

On Anthony's last day of working Saturdays the local Kiwanis club had a fishing derby for kids. I was a little nervous to take the boys by myself since dealing with baiting the hooks and all that other fishy stuff is usually Anthony's thing but I decided to give it a try and do my best. We ended up having the best time! They must chum the water or something because I have never seen so many people catching so many fish! I was worried that the boys would get bored waiting to catch sometime but they never got a chance to be still. For two hours straight it was nonstop catching fish, taking it to the tables to be measured and then back to catching. At the end they had trophies in each age group for the most fish, the longest fish, and the smallest fish. James got pretty close to catching the most fish, only 3 behind the winner!

We got tickets to the circus and took the boys since we have never gone. It was a little bit of a let down and very small. They only had a few acts and charged a ridiculous amount of money for the elephant and camel rides before the show and during intermission, so we spent a lot of time telling the boys no when they asked to do things. The boys really loved the clowns the best and my favorite was the elephants.

Waiting for the show to begin:

Laughing at the clowns:

This lady was crazy! She did a handstand and then used her feet to shoot an arrow into a balloon!

For some reason these little frogs started showing up on the wire to the electric fence and on the wire holders. The first time I saw them there I was surprised that they could just sit on it and not get shocked, so I thought that maybe the fence was off. So I grabbed it to test it and it shocked me hard! Not smart :)

Cool caterpillar on Seabiscuit's fence:

James' school had their international night where each classroom decorates and has activities for a different country. You get a passport and go around collecting stamps from each room and learning about the country. Anthony didn't want to come, so I took the boys and we had a blast. We went around with one of James' friends from school, Ruby, and her mom. They loved all the photo booth areas!

James' classroom did Canada:

Australia:

Mexico:


This is the face he gave me when I told him to smile:

Scotland:

We were sitting watching TV together and I noticed James and Anthony holding hands. So sweet!

Eating a snack at the new picnic tables we bought for the backyard:

Saying hi to Seabiscuit:

Rett found this big branch and pretended to be a monster:

I was outside mowing the lawn one morning and when I came in I saw this at the pantry. Rett really wanted to eat some Vanilla Wafers that were at the very top shelf of the pantry, so he figured out a way to get them!

A friend came over to visit and took some beautiful pictures of the chickens and Seabiscuit:

Playing nerf guns:

I had this sign made for the outside of Seabiscuit's pen. Isn't it so cute??

No comments: