Friday, January 31, 2014

Finally!!

Today James FINALLY went #2 in the potty!!! We have been waiting for this for almost 3 months, ever since we officially started potty training. I've lost count of how many times I had to clean up his messy underwear (so gross!), sheets, or change gross toddler diapers. We were still doing diapers at nap time and night time so he started holding it in until nap time. Finally we decided to do away with the nap time diapers to try to force him to go in the toilet and it only took one accident for him to get it.

We have been telling him for awhile that if he goes, then he will get a BIG candy that he can pick out at the store. (Can you believe that with a bribe like that it still took 3 months??). So today we headed to the store to pick out his big candy. I told him he could pick out anything he wanted, and he immediately went towards the toy fans that have candy in the bottom. There were only a few on the shelf and the two airplane ones had dead batteries, so James attached himself to this pretty pink princess Belle fan with a heart mirror on top. He is lucky that Anthony wasn't there, because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let him get that one. Or at least he would have strongly encouraged something else. I figured, what the heck? :)

1 comment:

Happy said...

Yay! Happy Poop Day! So happy for YOU especially, cleaning up poop stinks! Literally! I had to just clean out a very large poopy bath tub thanks to Nolan yesterday and I did not enjoy it. And I love the candy fan, haha!