Monday, November 18, 2013

Everett is 2 Months Old!


My little bug is 2 months old today! He gave me the best 2 month birthday present ever: sleep!! For the past two nights he has been sleeping for much longer stretches! The first night, I got up with him around 12:30am as usual, but after he got back to sleep around 1am he didn't wake up until 6:15am (usually he is up again around 3am, then again around 5am)!! I woke up with a start around 6am and was so shocked, that I stared at the clock for awhile before getting up to make sure he was still breathing :) I crept into his room, using my phone as a flashlight and walked up to his bassinet. I touched his forehead, silently thinking, "Please don't be cold, please don't be cold". When I felt his warm head and heard him grunt a little, I breathed a big sigh of relief :) I went back to bed and he woke up only a few minutes later.
I was trying not to get my hopes for the next night (last night) in case I would be disappointed, but he did even better! He went to bed for the night around 8:30pm and didn't wake up to eat until 4am! I fell asleep around 10pm, so I got to sleep for 6 hours straight. Seriously heaven.
We have to make a 2 month check up appointment for Rett at Anthony's office sometime this week so I will have to update later with his stats. He was 10lbs a few weeks ago, so I am estimating that he is around 11lbs now. He definitely has some juicy rolls! He still has deep blue eyes, and the funniest tuft of curly hair on the top of his head. There are some times when he will just stare and stare into your eyes, like he is thinking the deepest thoughts and it is so adorable.
He has always hated his car seat and he still absolutely hates it. He will be calm and happy and as soon as I put him in and start to get the straps around his arms he starts screaming! He still really likes to be in the carrier on our chest when we are out and about, but he has starting having a lot more awake time in it, just looking around at everything passing by. I am so used to him just passing out as soon as I get moving, that it still surprises me when I look down at him and I see his eyes open, looking around.
He also seems to really like taking baths. As long as I can ease him gently onto the infant bath seat in the tub, he doesn't cry and just watches everything around him. We try to have both boys in the bath at the same time so that we don't have to do two different nighttime routines and he doesn't even mind if James splashes him a little bit (or throws a toy at his face. oy.). After about 5 or 10 minutes he starts to cry and I take him out while Anthony finishes James' bath. James really doesn't like it when I take him out and always demands that I "put baby brother back!" I have a feeling that these two are going to be inseparable :)

No comments: