Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Year's Day 2013

New Year's day Anthony went off fishing, so James and I had the day to ourselves! It was absolutely gorgeous outside, the kind of day you can't make yourself stay in the house, so I decided to go check out a geocache at another Sugar Mill ruin. The history of the ruins around our town is really interesting to me. The area used to be a big sugar plantation area, but they were all destroyed by Seminole Indians in the 1800's
 Of course, James found a stick that he liked and insisted on dragging it around everywhere. We have had to implement a rule that sticks "belong" in the park and he has to leave them behind before we get into the car. Otherwise we would have stick souvenirs from every trip to the park!
Since that didn't take very long, I didn't want to go home just yet. So I decided to go walking on the beach. I love that we live only 15 minutes away!

We always look for turtles in the dunes and we got lucky. Two of them right next to each other!
 This is the view as we walked out to the waves. Gorgeous!
 James was wearing long pants and I knew that they would get sandy and wet, so I just took them off. He loves the freedom of no pants, that is for sure.

He had so much fun running through the water and saying hi to everyone we walked past. The only thing that I didn't like was that since it is a driving beach and James loves cars I had to really work to keep him away from the driving lane. Other than that, it was a perfect New Year's day at the beach!

1 comment:

Happy said...

You're so good about finding cool things to do! James is adorable, man, I can't believe we haven't seen him since he was about 6 months old. Seriously sad. Love the beach pictures!!