Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July 2012

We had a great 4th of July this year! Anthony had the day off of work, so he got to sleep in for the first time in a looooong time. Since he works Monday through Saturday and we have church on Sundays, he never gets to sleep in. Ever since having James, my body just doesn't let me sleep in, I always have to get up so I was happy to let him sleep :)

We planned to go to the big farmer's market that they have every Wednesday at the fairgrounds in Deland and I was so excited to show Anthony since he has never been. I wondered if it would be open since it was a holiday, but I checked the online calendar for the fairgrounds and it was listed...I should never have trusted that thing! I bet someone put it on automatic repeat for every Wednesday and didn't think about holidays. Anyways, when we got there, the fairgrounds were closed up and only a few people had set up tables in the parking lot. So at least we got to walk around a little bit, but it was a tenth of the size it usually is. I had been talking it up all week to Anthony so I was sad that I didn't get to show him everything. We did end up get 13 green peppers for $3, so that was good!

In the afternoon we set up some of the new outside toys that Anthony's sister Robin gave us last Sunday and let him run around in the backyard with them. He loves them!!! He seriously wants to be in the backyard all the time now. I have to be careful if I am letting the dogs out, because he will try to run out too and will cry if I bring him back inside. He gets so dirty when he goes outside that I try to make it so he plays outside right before bath time. I had this great idea to put the new slide we got so that it goes straight into our inflatable pool. James sort of liked it. For the most part, he just wanted us to leave him alone so that he could go back to pulling his wagon around the yard. He loves that wagon!!! He tries to put anything and everything in the wagon so he can pull it all around with him.

Towards the end of the day Anthony and I both ended up feeling worn out and James kept having meltdowns, so we decided not to go to the city's fireworks. They didn't start until 9pm and it felt like we all needed a good bedtime that night! I talked to a friend who went and she said it was a good decision, the mosquitos were horrible and I know I wouldn't have thought to bring bug spray!! Maybe next year :)

1 comment:

Happy said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous that you got Robin's outdoor toys!! We sold all of ours when we moved out here and I thought I'd restock at garage sales, but I guess there's too many kids here and no one seems to sell them, dang it! James is ADORABLE!!!