Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Since Anthony had Saturday off of work for Easter, we decided to take the weekend and go visit with my mom and brothers. Although they come and visit us often, we rarely make the drive to visit them so it was definitely our turn! We had a great time and James did really well traveling. He has really been fighting us on taking naps during the day, which kind of worked out in our favor since we were so busy, we didn't have time for him to take naps unless it was in the car! As soon as we got to my mom's house, we left to go have lunch and visit with a family friend. Afterwards my mom and I took James to her house to visit some more while my brothers and Anthony went shooting at the gun range. Here is Anthony's target. Not too bad for someone who hasn't shot a gun in forever!
It was great being able to go to church and focus on our meetings. I was really looking forward to Sunday school and relief society...of course James had other ideas! He really kept us on our toes and I missed a lot of relief society. Towards the end, my mom took him to nursery for a few minutes and he scored bunny ears and a bunny finger puppet! Only 4 more months and he can go to nursery every Sunday. Ahhh, how nice that will be :)

 After church we came home and changed clothes and got ready for an Easter egg hunt!
 My brother put a bunch of eggs in the front yard for him to collect and we tried to show him what he was supposed to do...he liked picking the eggs up but he didn't want to relinquish them to the basket! Then, once he saw how many eggs were in the basket he had no interest in picking the eggs up off of the ground and just wanted to take them out of the basket. Oh well, it was cute anyways!








Happy Easter! I hope yours was as enjoyable as ours was!

No comments: