Thursday, August 14, 2014

What we've been doing

We have been chugging along through the hot, hot summer! Now that Rett is so much more mobile, keeping up with these two boys has become quite the challenge! My house is constantly in a state of chaos. If you were to drop by on any given day it would probably look like a tornado just went through, but I swear I clean it! My work just gets undone at lightning speed :)

One hot afternoon after running with the boys in the stroller, James got a few juice boxes to rehydrate. I was totally expecting him to bring me the second one when he was ready for it so I could put the straw in, but instead he figured out a way to do it by himself. He took the straw from the first one and just popped it in the second one. I never would have thought to do that! Smart as a whip, that kid.

After trying out the local YMCA with a friend, I decided to join. They have free daycare while you work out and an awesome zero entry pool with fountains for the kids, all included with the monthly fee. It has definitely been worth it! James loves going to the "playroom" and it gives me extra motivation to workout since it also means a break from the kids :) My 5k training is going great, I even ran a mile in 11min 30 seconds this morning and it wasn't even that hard! I can't wait to get even faster.

Since we have been spending a lot of afternoons at the pool, I've noticed that Rett's hair always ends up extra crazy from the sunscreen I put on his head. Anthony thinks his hair is too long and wants to cut it, but I think that might actually kill me. I love his curls so much!
(Yes, that is James' fort in the background. It is a permanent structure at this point)

Rett finally cut his first two teeth at the same time, his bottom two. This is the best picture I could get of his two little white bumps:
He loves swinging at the park, but we haven't been in awhile because of the heat. I will be so glad when the weather cools down a little bit so we can get back to visiting a park almost every day.

Our 6 year old TV started to go bad a few months ago. They don't even make that type of tv anymore, and it would cost as much as a new tv to fix it so we decided to get a new one. I stalked the prices of the one we wanted online and finally found a great deal on amazon. By the time they shipped it, the price had gone up by $200, so I was really glad we snatched it up at the low price!
The baby gate we keep in front of the tv covers a lot more of the screen than on our old one so we decided to mount it on the wall. Putting it up is going to be a nap time project for sure! We definitely can't tackle that with little ones running around.

We spent another morning at the bouncy house place and Rett loved crawling around in the toddler area! He wants to scale everything!
The picture is a little blurry, but I love my munchkin's face :)

James has become the master of thinking up excuses and reasons to talk to us when he is supposed to be in his room at nap time or bedtime. One afternoon for the third or fourth time I checked to see what he needed and he looked up at me and said, "oh. I forgot I needed to sing you happy burfday". He then proceeded to sing happy birthday at the top of his lungs, even after I closed the door. I didn't even know he knew that song! Never a dull moment around here.

1 comment:

Happy said...

I'm dying, "I needed to sing you happy burfday..."! Haha!!
Glad you guys are doing well! The YMCA membership sounds awesome!! I think I'm going to join our rec center here b/c it has a really cool indoor pool which we need 9 months out of the year, but it is not cheap!
I love Rett's curls too! I can feel your pain about cutting them!! He is SOOO cute!!
I love the way James thinks! He's such a smart kid, I can't wait to see what he does with that brain of his!