Saturday, May 17, 2014

Summer Days

We have been having a lot of fun this summer! So far there have been visits to the splash park, the beach, fun with family, summer thunderstorms (which means puddle splashing afterwards!), soccer games, and family outings for ice cream :)

One rainy day we spent some time splashing in puddles and then went to play at the indoor playground at Burger King.
 While James played on the slides and in the tunnels, I sat with Rett and stared at his beautiful, chubby face :) I tried to get a good picture of his curls, but it just doesn't do them justice:

One afternoon I pulled out a large inflatable pool that I bought on clearance last summer and filled it up in our backyard. James loves it! Rett, not so much :( I think the water was too cold for him, poor thing. James likes to take his water guns and shoot at lizards and put out imaginary fires, "surf" on his boogie board, and make his cars crash and fall into the water.
 Rett played happily in the shade, gumming his toys and (I discovered later) eating dirt (!). There was a few minutes of crying when James squirted him with the water. Boys.

The mama cat took her kittens out of our yard and over to the neighbor's backyard, I'm sure in part to the fact that James would do things like this: put all the kittens in the shopping cart and racing them around the porch. I don't blame her for finding a more peaceful spot :)
 Rett doesn't seem to nurse well at bedtime so we have started giving him a bottle before bed. I figured out a way to feed him while getting James situated for bed at the same time. It has been such a lifesaver when I am trying to get them ready at the same time by myself. Not to mention it is so cute to watch him sleep eat!

Rett loves swinging at the park, and James has discovered that he likes to help push him.


 After taking a walk to the farmer's market, we sat down for a little picnic. I tried to get a picture of James climbing on a really neat tree, but he didn't want me to take a picture so he started to shoot his "guns" at me. At least Rett didn't mind me taking a picture :)

No comments: