Saturday, June 29, 2013

Garden Update

Our garden has been doing really well this season! We planted radishes, yellow beans, black eyed peas, cantaloupes, tomatoes, and a lot of hot peppers. After our gender ultrasound last month, Anthony's parents helped us weed:

A baby cantaloupe:
A week later after we got home from South Carolina, we were worried that everything would be dead. Not so!! I guess we got a lot of rain while we were gone and everything exploded!! Look at the tomato plant:
Here is the rest of it:
That night we cooked up a bunch of green beans with a little bit of radish thrown in :) Last time I checked there aren't many beans left, but a lot of black eyed peas are ready so I need to find a really good recipe for them. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Happy said...

Ooooh, I'm SO happy for you, but SO jealous! What did I do wrong?! That is so cool that you can pick green beans from your own garden!! And squash?? So cool. Next year is my year, I tell ya!