Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pregnancy Journal: Week 12

I can't believe that I made it this far! I have been in seriously whiny survival mode for the past two and 1/2 months and I am just starting to feel like we are getting somewhere. If I have to feel so yucky, I might as well feel yucky farther along, right? I have my 2nd doctor's appointment next week and I can't wait to hear the baby's heartbeat again. How much do you think it would cost to buy one of those doppler thingys? Hmmm... How awesome would it be if I could hear the heartbeat anytime I wanted to?


Most of the extreme hunger and crazy cravings has kind of calmed down. It is weird, I would think they would get worse but it is kind of nice to go back to eating like a normal person. There are finally more things that I can eat than I can't, so that is nice. At the moment I still can't eat: vegetables (raw snacks are okay, but cooked vegetables, gag!), meat (any kind, even chicken), smoothies, yogurt unless it is the extra thick kind, and anything that is too spicy hot. The baby LOVES refined carbs, so I am often trying to talk myself out of buckets full of bread, crackers, and pancakes :) (Oh and that is my excuse for now and the next 7 months if I want to eat something. It is not for me it is for the baby, so really I am sacrificing by eating that piece of pie)

No comments: