Monday, November 24, 2008

New Adventure

I had my practicum interview today and I am officially placed! I've been looking around for awhile since I decided not to do substance abuse counseling and I found a place that seemed perfect for me. It was a spot at Shands in the Pediatric Pulmonary clinic where I would be counseling children with chronic illnesses (like cystic fibrosis) and their families. Since I've worked at the Children's hospital for so long, it seemed like a great way to combine my experiences there with counseling. I get to attend clinics, rounds, and various other things and I finally get to do one-on-one counseling sessions! I'm excited, but it is also a little scary :)

The best part is that I get to be excited about my placement for the next month and a half before I actually have to start the work :)

1 comment:

T. Driaza said...

congrats virgina! I hope it is everything you hope for. You will do great, no worries. Until then...enjoy the break :)