Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ant and I had a great Thanksgiving! We went down to Tampa together on Wednesday because Ant still had class scheduled. We decided to make a little trip of it and spent the night in a hotel. The next day we got up early and went to the Museum of Science and Industry before going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for family dinner. It was really fun and there were so many hands-on exhibits that I have to admit I felt a little ADD, spending a few seconds at each one before going on to the next thing with buttons and knobs to press :)

The best part of the museum was a natural disaster area that among other things had a booth you could stand in and feel 80 mph winds! Anthony thought it was fun, but I was scared and wanted to get out. I got to pretend to be a firewoman:
There was also a "parts of you" exhibit that had everything to do with the body and development. It started out from the womb (they even had a pregnancy sympathy suit you could try on) and went through adolescence and stds! Ant and I did a hearing test in a little booth, did an eye exam, played health Hollywood Squares, and tried to drive a car simulator while wearing drunk goggles. The last thing we did was watch an IMAX movie about extreme sports. It was so cool, but after 45 minutes we both walked out of there a little bit nauseous. There were a lot of crashing waves and looking-down-a-huge-mountain shots. Here's Ant right before the movie started
After the museum, dinner with the family was great! It is so much fun to get to catch up on everyone's lives. My Aunt and Uncle live on Tampa Bay, so Anthony caught a good number of fish while everyone else watched football. Go figure.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Sounds like a fun day! We missed you guys at our Thanksgiving get-together though. And we would LOVE for you guys to come up here and visit over Christmas break! Oh, and Teya saw pictures of you guys up at my parents house and was pointing you both out and saying who you were and said, "Anthy, Ginia come to my house."

Mom and Dad Lagana said...

Where is the picture of Anthony in the Blue suit?? Or is it the one I sent back? You guys look cooool I like the one of your family a lot they look just like all of you!!