Monday, April 21, 2008

Almost done!

I didn't think that it would ever happen, but the semester is finally coming to an end. Anthony is almost done, he just has one paper and a test left. I have one more class to go to tomorrow, a final, and a paper. Yeah!!!!!! I made it through my first semester of graduate school! It definitely was a lot more stressful than anything I have done before, but I feel like I learned a lot. Almost everything I learned was practical and will be obviously useful in the future. For example, our lecture today went through how to develop a treatment plan and even how to word certain phrases so that they can be reimbursed by insurance companies. Talk about real life education! Of course, I don't get much of a break because the summer semester starts May 12, but I am enjoying things being at a slower pace until then. Anthony and I might even take a little vacation.

As a side note, Anthony got voted the Nurse of the Year again this year! I am just so proud of him. He really works hard at doing the best for his patients and making his work environment better.

3 comments:

Happy said...

Tell Ant congrats for me for the award!

Phambabe said...

Yay! That is awesome! It's doubly awesome because I think that the whole medical industry makes it really hard not to get jaded and fed up with the system and how it almost always cares more about the bottom line than the patient. I see so many rn's who just do it for a job and not because they care about helping others. It's really cool to hear about someone being rewarded for doing good!

Mom and Dad Lagana said...

Wow just let you know we have been looking at your blog.
Congrad on the award! See you up thereyhnd