Saturday, March 8, 2008

20 YEARS AGO

20 Years ago: I was two years old :) I don't remember much, but I am pretty sure I was an awesome toddler. I had to wear special shoes because I was pigeon-toed, and my little brother had just been born, so our family was pretty busy.

15 Years ago: I was seven years old and I had recently moved from Tallahasse because my mom had just married my dad (not my biological father, but still my dad). I walked to and from school everyday with my brothers and sister because we lived down the street from the elementary and middle school. I was CONSTANTLY reading all of the time, sometimes even while I was walking down the hallways in school. One teacher would always joke that he couldn't recognize me without a book in my hand.

10 Years ago: I was twelve years old and in sixth grade at Lincoln Middle School. I was in a pre-IB program, so all of my friends were serious nerds, including me. Everyone was pretty competitive as far as grades go, and I was especially competitive with one of the boys in my class. I thought that one girl named Tracy was a good friend, but I found out years later that she secretly hated me because she always tried to get better grades than me and never did. Weird, huh?

5 Years ago: I was 17 years old and a junior in high school. My parents bought me and my brother a car to share: a 1990 Lincoln Continental. The thing was a boat! Not only was it a gas guzzler, but it seemed like it was breaking down every other day. I had to keep power steering fluid in the car and fill it up everyday or else the power steering would go out and I could not turn the steering wheel, even if I was putting my entire weight into it. When it finally broke down for good, we tried to give it away to people who fix up cars and give them to needy people but even they didn't want it!

3 Years ago: I was 19 years old and I had just meet Anthony. I was on cloud nine! We saw each other everyday and I am sure we were pretty sickening. We weren't officially dating until Anthony threw me a surprise birthday party at his house and had invited all of my friends and coordinated with everyone. I was so impressed, that I just had to start dating him exclusively.

1 Year ago: I was 21 and had been married for a little over 1 year. I was a senior at the University of Florida, working on my BS in Psychology. We just got our first puppy for christmas and she was sooo cute!!! We told my parents that it was their "grandpuppy".

Yesterday: I slept all day because I worked the night before. I am working part time as a secretary at a children's hospital and I work the night shift every single weekend. Blah. The upside is that I have a lot of time for school work, but the downside is that I have worked almost every single Friday and Saturday for a year and a half.

Today: I'm working until 7:30 in the morning, going home to sleep, getting up, going back to work at 7:00 PM.

Tomorrow: I'm going to take a 2 hour nap after getting home from work and then go to church. After that, another nap and then Anthony and I are going to my parent's house for Sunday family dinner. And then: YEA for spring break!!!!!

I tag: Gabrielle & Claudia

1 comment:

Phambabe said...

Ack! I've been tagged! I will have to do this tomorrow!