Sunday, November 17, 2019

Beginning of October

We were only able to pick saw palmetto berries for one weekend this year. We were so busy and the prices were so low, it wasn't worth the effort. A friend from church let us pick berries on his hunting property and it was packed full of berries! We had so much fun getting them, that it was still worth going even for just one weekend.

Looking at tracks while scoping out the berries:

So many bushes were full of berries like this!! It got to where we were so tired from getting so many and there were still so many more to pick. We've never picked in an area that was so full of berries, so we are excited to go back next year!

Rett's class celebrated Johnny Appleseed Day:

A massive blanket fort took over the living room:

The boys have started getting school lunch on Fridays since Friday is pizza day. This particular Friday they had personal pan pizzas and they seemed huge to me!

Made me giggle:
James gave a presentation in cub scouts on two famous Americans that we researched over the summer:

Rett finished soccer!! We were all glad for the season to be over, Rett included. He said the medal was worth it though.

Jack Hartman, a children's musician, visited the school and did a performance for K-3rd grade. They loved it!!

These two. So stinkin' cute!

Later that day Rett had show and tell and he brought the baby tortoises to show everyone.

James and Anthony geared up and ready to go hunting:

Since Anthony and James were off hunting all morning, I took Rett to the park. He always tells me he isn't going to get wet and then he changes his mind and goes to the splash pad with regular clothes on.

Anthony discovered that he eats for free at the hospital cafeteria, including their frozen yogurt bar. He sent me a picture of his dessert so that I could be jealous of him.

Anthony's view from his office:

A 2nd grade teacher at the boys' school left unexpectedly and the principal asked me if I wanted to be a 2nd grade teacher and replace him (!). I told her I was happy to help out temporarily but what I really would like to do (if I'm going to be a teacher) is special education. She said good, you can start in January! So it's been a stressful month, helping the substitute in the 2nd grade, while studying for the special education exam and doing all the other parts of my job/home life. I took over grading papers for the 2nd grade class and spent a lot of late nights laughing at these kids' responses. This girl has my heart though. People put me in a bad mood too!

Rett at his classmate's birthday party. They were supposed to have it at the park but they had to change to their house at the last minute because of the weather. Those kids thought it was the best thing ever to play with each other's toys. They really are easy to please!

No comments: