Monday, June 18, 2018

Beginning of June

A friend sent me this notification she saw in a local facebook group. Baby coyotes hanging out in someone's driveway. Crazy!

I saw this meme and had to send it to Anthony. Anthony is completely in love with our bees!

James had his end of the year party on his last day of school. I came to help and brought Rett with me. Rett only gets to come on party days like this, so I think he might be getting the wrong idea of what school is like :)

Watching a movie with everyone:

Everyone went out to recess to play together and I got to see the Beyblade group in action. James tells me all about the different battles he has on the playground so it was fun to see in person. They played beyblades the entire time :)

After recess they all came inside to make their own bag of trail mix (their party was camping themed) and to play bingo. If someone got bingo, they got to choose something out of the treasure box, which I thought was a great way to clean the box out at the end of the year. Rett was pretty grumpy, he hadn't slept well the night before and he doesn't handle the heat well. This little girl named Evie in James' class asked him if he wanted to play and basically adopted him for the day. It was soooooo helpful! She got him a chair and wanted him to share her desk and loved on him all afternoon. Can I just say what an absolute blessing kids like that are???  I hope her parents realize it!

No Bingo for James :(

The boys were very excited for the last day of school because I told them that we were keeping on the Parkes family tradition of the last day movie party. When I was growing up, on the last day of school we all got to choose a movie to watch and a treat to eat and then we would stay up all night watching them and eating junk. Rett was so excited, he asked me everyday for a week if it was the last day of school yet :) I set up the air mattress in the living room and we watched Despicable Me 1 and 2 while we ate popcorn, rainbow nerds, and swedish fish. We know how to party!

A lot of my facebook friends have been finding birds nests everywhere and getting to watch them hatch into baby birds. I made a comment to my mom that of all the people to find birds eggs, how come we hadn't found any yet? Then while Anthony was refilling out goat feeder with hay, he found this nest in the hay bale! We got a look at the parents later and researched them. They are Carolina wren eggs.

My new dining room table is finally finished!! I put a deposit on it in early December to get it built and finished by woodworker in Jacksonville. He had some health issues that made it take a lot longer than it usually does, but it was totally worth the wait. Now we have so much more room when people come over!

It has been raining basically nonstop for about a month here, which has caused some drainage issues all around town. We've definitely had more water build up than we are used to, but the boys love it. More fun for splashing in, they say.

Lily routinely sits or lays down with her head completely inside the hay feeder, eating away. The two goats will go through an entire barrel full of hay in about a week!

This is James' set up for going out to help us with the bees. The bee suit is adult sized so we have to use a belt on it so bees doing fly up from underneath. He kind of reminds me of a Jedi dressed like this.

We let one of our broody chickens keep a few of our eggs to hatch and one of them popped out a few days ago. This a chick from our chicken Buckbeak, who lays greenish blue eggs. Hopefully the chick will be a girl and we can have another one laying that color egg in 6 months!

I just can't get enough of this cute face!!!!

Anthony decided it was time to teach James how to cast net. James took it very seriously and wanted to keep practicing until he got it just right.




I caught a cold, lost my voice, and the congestion has lingered for awhile. It has made it hard for me to read Harry Potter to the boys (we are at the end of the 4th book), but I just can't stop! They keep begging me to read more and I love that they love it. Sometimes while I am reading, they start doing something or talk to each other and I have to try to yell so that they hear the part I'm reading, because it is an important part! :)


Playing one of our new math games. It is called "7 ate 9" and it is like uno, only you have to do addition or subtraction to find out the number you can put down.

We've been meaning to weigh Baymax for awhile, so we finally did and discovered that he is 82 pounds at 7 months old! When I did the math I had Anthony step on the scale again to see if I read it right. Sure enough, I was right the first time. He is growing so fast!

We let the goats out and they decided to just go straight to the source and eat the hay from the bale instead of from their feeder.

Then Anthony made the mistake of leaving his car door open. They are so curious, if you leave a car door open, or the house door open they run as fast as they can to try to get inside. Even if I open the trunk of the van (like to get groceries) they run over and jump in, just to see what is in there. It is funny and annoying at the same time :)


No comments: